Blog Archive

Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July Trip: Lake Austin!

Happy 4th of July to all of my American readers and of course happy Canada day to all of my Canadian friends!

We had a lovely 4th of July weekend relaxing on Lake Austin.  It was so nice to just lay out (in the shade, with sunscreen and a hat on!) and to go boating and eat yummy food (I was definitely NOT thinking about calories this weekend!)

Warning: this is a picture-heavy post. I was going to do an entire packing post, but I was so exhausted by the time we got home that I just unpacked everything and threw stuff in the laundry. I also WAY over-packed on this weekend trip because when we drive, I have unlimited space (not a good thing, as I ended up wearing maybe 30% of what I brought.)

Here are some photos from our weekend:
The scenery...

 
Where we laid out...

Some of H, Candice and I...

 
Me with Lucy, the sweetest dog! She swims all day long!

Me with my Glamour magazine! Love it!
I did take 2 outfit photos---but most of the time, I really just wore a bikini and cover-up. It was SO hot out and since I had a spray tan, I kept my cover-up on most of the time so I wouldn't get too much sun.

Sunday night, we took the boat to this place called "Hula Hut" which is owned by Chuy's (for all of you in Houston who enjoy Chuy's as much as I do!) and we had a great, casual dinner. The boat ride home was so pretty, seeing all of the houses with their lights on at night.  There are a few celebrity homes on the lake and it was cool to see them pointed out. I was hoping I could wave to Sandra Bullock if she was out on her dock, but if she was there, you wouldn't have known it!

This is what I wore today---very casual as we were driving home and stopping at the 290 outlets (which, by the way, were not good this weekend):
Top- PacSun
Shorts- Buckle


(I haven't washed my hair in 5 days, but I seriously think the
sunscreen and dry shampoo in my hair was a winning combo
)

And here is one of my cover-ups I wore (this is the room we stayed in---perfect view of the pool and lake from our window!)

Bikini- Victoria's Secret
Cover-up- Marshall's
Sandals- Steve Madden

I hope everyone had a safe and happy weekend and had the chance to relax and have fun with family and friends!

xoxo,

Veronika.