Blog Archive

Friday, July 8, 2011

A Poll for My Readers: Staging Your Home

My H and I are planning on spending this entire weekend cleaning and staging our home because we have a photographer coming in on Tuesday to take photographs for our listing.

I'm wondering what you ladies think.  If you were buying a home, would you want:

A) The home to be staged and very minimalistic----no personal touches, very minimal decor

B)  The home to have deorative elements that are tasteful and enchance the look of the home, as long as the home is otherwise clean and clutter-free

C)  Leave the home as-is, clutter doesn't matter to me because I imagine my own stuff in it anyway

When I look at a home listing's photos, the first thing I notice is the decor---and if the home is clean, well organized and nicely put together (even if the decor is not necessaily my style) I tend to like that most.  I'm more attracted to a home when it's nicely decorated but I also appreciate an empty home (which is not an option for us).

What do you ladies think?  Let me know in the comments below! and OF COURSE I plan to post pictures of how everything turned out with our staging :)


xoxo,

Veronika.