Blog Archive

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Product Rave: Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo with Cedar Bark

I hate that I am writing such a rave review about this product because it costs $25 a bottle...but it's $25 VERY well spent and I simply cannot contain my love for this product.

"Another dry shampoo?" you ask. Yes ladies, unfortunately for us all, I think I have found the holy grail of dry shampoos

Now, before I get into this, I want to say that I still LOVE the Suave dry shampoo and will continue to buy it.  For under $3, you just can't lose.

My mother in law bought me this Serge Normant dry shampoo for my birthday after she saw Julia Roberts talk about it on Oprah.  If it works for Julia Roberts, it must be awesome, right?  I must admit, I had some doubts since I was still in my total cloud of love for the Suave dry shampoo, but I gave it a go anyway.
Julia Roberts has some pretty awesome hair!

The first couple of times I used it I liked it but I didn't get that "OMG if they stop making this I'll die" feeling.  It was good, smelled nice.


It wasn't until more recently that I have come to love and fully appreciate this product beyond belief. Here's why I love it:
  • Out of all of the dry shampoos I've used, it makes my hair FEEL and SMELL the most clean
  • The smell is awesome...very fresh and almost a little woodsy...hard to explain...must be the cedar bark
  • Does not feel sticky or gummy AT ALL
  • Restores volume easily
  • Can be used several days in a row without build-up
  • Hair can be restyled day after day even with this product in it
  • Does not make my scalp feel dry
There is just something about the way it feels that is a little different than other dry shampoos. When I spray it on, you can see a very slight whiteness to it but it completely disappears.   I just brush my roots after I apply it (let it dry for 30-seconds to a minute) and voila- pretty hair again!

I plan to repurchase this when I run out of the bottle I received as a gift because I love it just that much! For those of you who recall, it's the same dry shampoo I used during my trip to Austin. I used it for 3 days in a row until I was up to 5th day hair---and my hair looked pretty decent, considering (I was on vacation spending all day outside and on a boat, so there was no point in washing my hair.)
(a reminder of what my 5th day hair looked like after using this product)

A dry shampoo that can make my 5th day hair look pretty great is a winner in my books. Have you tried this product? Let me know what you think in the comments below!  You can buy the Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo with Cedar Bark on Amazon.com.

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS- read the Vanity Fair piece about the product, here.